Website North Creek Nurseries
North Creek strives to promote sustainable outdoor environments. As a wholesale plant propagation nursery, we specialize in growing starter plants / plugs of perennials, ornamental grasses, ferns, vines, and shrubs with an emphasis on Eastern US native plants. Our plants are used by wholesale growers and landscape contractors. Our vision is to be a leader in the development and practice of sustainable horticultural systems while delighting our customers.
Job Summary: The Technical Manager performs a variety of duties under the direction of the General Manager. North Creek is dedicated to growing and selling plants that enhance sustainable outdoor environments while benefiting people and the planet.
Position Type: Full-time 40 hours per week. Must be willing to work additional hours as needed to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Lead the day-to-day technical operations to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly goals—serving as liaison in communicating with staff and vendors
- Manage and coordinate the technology infrastructure at our Landenberg and Oxford locations, which include:
- Wireless internet services
- Desktop/mobile workstations
- Environmental control system interfaces
- Serve as the company account representative for all technology vendors
- Oversee software migrations, base requirements/enhancement requests and acceptance testing in collaboration with technology vendors
- Provide data compilation and analysis of production, financial and sales figures
- Identify interesting trends in production data using innovative visualization tools
- Create and lead a change management strategy that mitigates technical pain points, explores process and communication improvements between departments
- Lead analysis of existing operations and schedule meetings to discuss improvements
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- 2-5 years of experience in a technical management position
- Comfort with data tasks, pivot tables and demonstrated knowledge of data visualization applications (PowerBI, Tableau)
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent computer skills (Excel), with ability to learn customized computer software; well versed in Microsoft Office 365 with a solid understanding of computers and wireless devices
- Highly organized with ability to write software requirements and assist in data migration solutions
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills; must be able to communicate effectively in English—verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and experience developing applications with web technologies preferred, but not required
- Basic understanding of, or willingness to learn, electronic monitoring systems (Damatex and Zwart irrigation boom systems)