North Creek Nurseries
North Creek strives to promote sustainable outdoor environments. As a wholesale plant propagation nursery, we specialize in growing starter plants / plugs of perennials, ornamental grasses, ferns, vines, and shrubs with an emphasis on Eastern US native plants. Our plants are used by wholesale growers and landscape contractors. Our vision is to be a leader in the development and practice of sustainable horticultural systems while delighting our customers.
Job Summary: The Plant Trials Gardener is responsible for maintaining the display gardens, stormwater management systems, trial beds and new plant collections. North Creek is dedicated to growing and selling plants that enhance sustainable outdoor environments while benefiting people and the planet.
Position Type: Full-time required (40 hours/week) with opportunities to work additional hours as needed to accomplish goals and objectives—up to 60 hours/week seasonally, including weekends during busy season (March-June and August-September); position requires employees to be prepared to work in all weather conditions (rain or shine)
- Plant and maintain display and trial gardens, including tasks such as weeding, watering, mulching
- Maintain stormwater BMP sites, including rain gardens, bio-swales, and retention ponds
- Maintain turf & grounds—mowing, edging & string trimming, raking, herbicide applications
- Assist with greenhouse work and production trials
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum one season experience maintaining perennial gardens
- Dedicated interest in native plants and their culture
- Ability to obtain and maintain a PA Pesticide applicator’s license, continuing education as required
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with team in the completion of gardening tasks
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Knowledge, proper use, and maintenance of tools (e.g., shears, knives, chain saw, trimmers, tractors, mowers) or desire to learn
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.